Our increasingly busy and distracted world has only raised the level of danger when it comes to auto accidents.
Because of this, it’s important to know what some of the top reasons are for auto accidents. Below, we’re outlining five of the most common reasons and what you can do to avoid them and look out for others who may be doing this on the road.
- Distracted Driving – As we all know, more technology in our vehicles means more opportunities to let our eyes wander from the road. Smartphones, navigation and more can cause even a split-second swerve from one lane into the other, causing an accident.
- Speed – According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) in 2016, 10,111 lives were lost due to speed-related accidents. Unfortunately, speeding-related casualties and accidents often involve younger and more inexperienced drivers.
- Driving Under the Influence – This one is a no-brainer. Operating a motor vehicle under any sort of drug or even one drink can significantly change driving habits and dramatically increases the possibility of an accident.
- Fatigue – Much like truck drivers, long hours on the road or even groggy car drivers can operate vehicles much like someone who is intoxicated. If you’re feeling tired and can pull over safely, even a 20-minute nap can restore vital cognitive awareness that could mean the difference between safe driving and an incident.
- Weather – Rare rain in Arizona creates significant driving hazards. Roads become slick with oil and water and often cause accidents. Arizona drivers aren’t used to driving in inclement weather, so cooler, rainy days often see a spike in accidents. Increased awareness is crucial on these particular days.
Sometimes, auto accidents are out of our control. If you’ve been involved in an accident due to one of the above reasons or the negligence of another driver, you may have options to recover damages or receive compensation related to the incident. Call the qualified auto accident team at Rabb & Rabb, PLLC today at (520) 888-6740 to schedule your free consultation and learn more about our expertise.